Monday, May 13, 2013

Happy Sewing Day




Happy Mother's Day

I hope all you moms out there had a wonderful Mother's Day.  I spent my day sewing and it was great!


It's been such a cool Spring here in the heart of America, but I finally got to see, and smell, the beautiful lilacs growing in the back garden.  They are my absolute favorite!  The bushes are still a little sparse, but I managed to capture this little sprig with my cell phone camera.  I wish you could smell it!


I'm trudging along in the Craftsy Block of the Month class.  Since my last post, I've finished March and May. I've skipped April for now, but will tackle the fan block soon.  The March block is called "Economy."  For May, I needed to make 8 "spool" blocks.  These were pretty fun.  I had never really used the 45 degree angle on my rulers before!  I like the fabric combinations, too.

May BOM

March BOM

I'm super excited about another Craftsy class I'm taking!  I've signed up for Improvisational Piecing, Modern  Design with Jacquie Gering.  I started with Jacquie's stitch and flip triangle technique.  It's been so much fun!  I can't wait to start a new quilt using this technique!  But, I need to finish my current works in progress first!  That means, I need to get my Strings Attached quilt finished ASAP!  

Until next time!

Angela

2 comments:

  1. Love these oh so graphic fabrics you are using. Nice to see the lilacs. Not here yet. xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blocks look wonderful! The fabric is great too...love the colors! Have an awesome day!!

    ReplyDelete